I first discovered Weleda’s Sea Buckthorn range when I recieved the Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream (50ml, RRP £9.95) in my very first Love Me Beauty box. I really loved its fresh, citrus aroma and the texture, which was hydrating but non-greasy.
The 10ml sample sized hand cream soon ran out as I carried it everywhere so I ordered a full size immediately, adding to my online shopping cart – as you do – the Sea Buckthorn Replenishing Body Lotion ( 200ml, RRP £15.95).
The lotion contains organic sea buckthorn oil, sesame seed oil, and macadamia nut oil (which are all rich in essential fatty acids) to provide nourishment, whilst the addition of shea butter and white mallow extract results in smooth, perfectly soft skin.
Like its counterpart the body lotion is very moisturising and completely transforms my very dry skin. It isn’t heavy or too greasy so lends itself perfectly to use during summer months and also means that it doesn’t feel sticky or transfer onto clothing or bedding after use.
Both the Sea Buckthorn Body Lotion and Hand Cream have a wonderful fruity fragrance, owing to the orange, mandarin and grapefruit essential oils. I find the scent very uplifting and, unlike a synthetic fragrance, it isn’t drying or irritating to sensitive skin.
Having tried these two products I’m definitely eager to try the rest of the range, which includes Sea Buckthorn Creamy Body Wash (200ml, RRP £7.95) and Sea Buckthorn Body Oil (100ml, RRP £15.95).
The lovely Susie who handles PR for Weleda sent me some fantastic information about Sea Buckthorn, some of which I’ll share here:
– Weleda have been using Sea Buckthorn since the 1950s.
– The plant grows in abundance in coastal areas in the sand dunes, even in England and Wales.
– The organic berries used in the range come from crops farmed in Tuscany, Italy.
– The intense orange colour gives away the fact that the berries are high in free-radical-scavenging carotenoids.
– Sea Buckthorn is one of the few sources of omega 7 found in the plant kingdom. For centuries Asian practitioners have used the plant to treat skin conditions and to speed healing.
– Sea Buckthorn lotion is favourite of Claudia Schiffer.
So there we have a little insight into Weleda’s wonderful, all-natural Sea Buckthorn range. Have you tried anything from Weleda? What’s your favourite product?